ACWA, in collaboration with the NSW Children’s Court, is pleased to invite you to participate in a full-day forum ‘Care Proceedings: Achieving the best outcomes for children’.
This forum will be delivered by specialist Children’s Court personnel and legal practitioners from the Department of Communities and Justice, Legal Aid NSW, the Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT and private practice, together with senior representatives from the sector. It will cover issues such as:
- the role of specialist Children’s Court personnel
- the obligations of the model litigant
- the role of service providers in care proceedings
- obtaining the best evidence - ensuring input from service providers
- document exchange before and during care proceedings
- delegated decision-making responsibilities during and after court proceedings.
WHEN: Monday, 2 March, 2020
TIME: 8:30am - 4:30pm
WHERE: The Salvation Army, Sydney Congress Hall, 140 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
Please pencil this date into your diaries for next year, or click here to confirm your attendance.