ACWA’s membership is made up of child, youth and family service agencies operating in NSW who share our vision for a truly civil society based on equal opportunity and social inclusion that actively nurtures the wellbeing and civic contribution of all children, young people, families and communities.
As a member of ACWA, you will join a strong network of organisations who are dedicated to supporting the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable children, young people and their families, and who are committed to strengthening the skills and capacity of the community services sector to deliver the best possible outcomes for those we collectively serve.
Reasons to join
Being a member of ACWA gives you the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with government and non-government stakeholders to achieve major system reforms that seek to make a genuine difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Be part of a strong and influential non-government voice that works with government to identify and implement solutions to critical issues impacting frontline service providers, and the broader sector.
- Participate in policy forums and advocacy consultations.
- Member discounts on CCWT training (excludes courses in Step by Step Training and Assessment Tools Stream).
- Receive newsletters and regular member updates.
Who is eligible to join ACWA?
ACWA offers two categories of membership:
- Ordinary membership
- Associate membership
Ordinary membership of ACWA is open to not-for-profit organisations involved in delivering direct children, youth and family support services (including out-of-home care) or related services, and these members can then nominate a representative for election to ACWA’s Board as well as vote at general meetings of the Association.
Associate membership is open to individuals and for-profit organisations that support the purposes of ACWA.
To apply now please complete the New Membership Application form on this page. If you are an existing ACWA Member and wish to renew your membership, please visit our Renew Your ACWA Membership page.
Membership Eligibility and Fees
The eligibility for Membership of the Association as outlined in the Constitution.
Any not-for-profit organisation that provides child, youth and family welfare services in NSW or the ACT, and who supports the purposes of the company, is eligible to apply to the Board for Ordinary Membership.
Any for-profit organisation or individual that supports the purposes of ACWA is eligible to apply to the Board for Associate Membership.
Important things to know:
- Membership fees are due on 1 January annually.
- Organisations must nominate a contact person as delegate. We suggest that this person is the CEO or Director. In the case of ordinary members only, the delegate is the only person who can endorse the nomination of a candidate for the Board of ACWA. In addition, the delegate is the only person who can vote on behalf of the organisation and/or stand as a candidate for election to the Board of ACWA.
- Associate members are not eligible to nominate or endorse a candidate for the Board of Directors, or vote at a general meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the member to advise ACWA of any changes to their contact details, including those of the contact person.
- Organisations are asked to provide supporting documentation with the return of the membership form.
How to calculate your membership fee
|Up to $3M||$280|
|Up to $5M||$709|
|Up to $10M||$2112|
|Up to $25M||$3518|
The membership fee for all members is based on the child, youth and family services revenue of the organisation or individual for the previous financial year, (i.e. 2022-2023).
Example only: A large charity had an annual turnover of $54 million. Of that amount, $36 million is utilised for child, youth and family services. This agency’s membership fee is $7018.
Example only: A small not-for-profit agency has an annual turnover of $2.4 million. Of that amount, $2.3 million is utilised for child, youth and family services. This agency’s membership fee is $280.
When applying for membership of ACWA, you will need to provide the following documentation to support your application:
- Most recent Financial Report
- Most recent Annual Report
- Organisation Code of Conduct
Please complete the New Membership Application form on this page or click here to download a paper form.
If you require any further information about becoming an ACWA Member please contact our Sector Development Team on email@example.com or 02 9281 8822.
Supporters of ACWA
Any individuals with an interest in, or a sympathy for, the objects of the Company, and whose work focuses on child, youth and family welfare, including service providers, government departments, universities, tertiary education institutions, research institutions, advocacy groups, interest groups, and peak bodies, may apply to the Board to be a Supporter of ACWA.