We are upgrading our qualification to the new version
Recently, the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management was reviewed, and a new qualification has now been approved – known as the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management. There are some things you need to know if you are thinking about applying for this Diploma.
When will CCWT offer the ‘new’ qualification?
CCWT will be offering a fully online version of the new qualification by July 2021. We will also launch our popular RPL workshops for the new qualification at this time.
Do you want to start this qualification before July 2021?
You can choose from a few options:
- Commence the ‘old’ qualification by a learning and assessment pathway – you must complete all units by March 2022. If you choose this option, we will provide advice as to the order in which units of competency should be studied, so that we can easily transition you to the new qualification if you take longer than planned.
- Commence the ‘old’ qualification by Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and complete by March 2022.
- If you would like to start the new qualification before July 2021 you can do so, but units will not be online (they will be delivered through written distance packages) and will be released one at a time once we have ensured that all learning and assessment materials match the requirements of the new units.
Both qualifications have 12 units of competency to complete, but while there were 4 core and 8 elective units in the ‘old’ qualification, there are 6 core and 6 elective units in the new qualification.
The two qualifications are considered equivalent. This means that:
- If you are completing this qualification to get a new job it won’t matter which of the two qualifications you hold.
- You will study very similar topics in each qualification.
- If you have one or more units of competency from the old qualification, and would like to complete the new qualification, you will be able to receive credit transfer provided the unit is applicable to the new qualification.
CCWT continues to tailor this qualification to work in the human services sector, using elective units of competency that cover the real-life challenges of leaders in our sector. Our trainers, assessors and support people have extensive experience working in non-profit, for-purpose organisations.
For more information contact CCWT’s Leadership Program Manager:
Is the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management for me?
This nationally recognised qualification is for those who are or aim to be managers/supervisors in community sector organisations.
Why through CCWT?
All our workshops and materials are designed for the community sector and delivered by experienced community sector trainers. We are also here to support you through this great journey. CCWT is the learning and development arm for the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies Limited (ACWA), which is an RTO and has this qualification on its scope of registration.
What skills and knowledge will I gain?
You will learn about leadership, emotional intelligence, policies, people management, teams, projects and plans.
How many units do I have to do?
There are twelve (12) units of competency needed to complete your BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management. Four (4) of these units are core units and must be undertaken. The remaining 8 units can be selected from the 14 units that we offer.
Recommended If You Have
Limited Management Experience
& Distance Kits
Usually Takes Between
12-24 Months To Complete
Depends On Units Selected
At Any Time
Recognising Your Skills (RPL)
Recommended If You Have A
Minimum 2 Years Experience
In A Management /
Team Leader /
3 Day RPL
Get Recognised Workshop
PLUS Selection Of
2 Elective Units
Usually Takes Between
6-12 Months To Complete
($2540 For Members)
2 Workshops Held Yearly
Waiting List Available
What if I can’t do all the units by RPL or by blended learning?
That’s ok too. You can do some units by RPL Portfolio and others by attending face-to-face workshops or completing Distance Kits.
How can I upgrade my old Diploma of Management?
Discuss any aspect of this qualification with the Learning & Development Project Manager, Lesley Furneaux-Cook on (02) 9281 8822 ext 216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesley Furneaux-Cook, the Manager of CCWT’s BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management describes how this Nationally Recognised Diploma is designed for those who work or aim to work, as managers in community service organisations, but is also transferable across sectors.