The Andrew McCallum Leadership Scholarship is a $5,000 grant available to people who have graduated from ACWA’s Community Leadership Program within the last two years, to put towards their future leadership development. Generously funded by the Office of the Children’s Guardian, this scholarship is designed to future-proof the community sector through developing its emerging leaders, and to give recipients a helping hand with pursuing their career aspirations.
Only one scholarship will be offered each year and eligible applicants must be able to demonstrate commitment to fulfilling the aims of the grant as set out below:
- To future proof the community sector through the development of its emerging leaders.
- To create opportunity for further professional development for the alumni of ACWA’s Community Leadership Program.
- To facilitate career progression/aspirations for the recipient.
- You successfully completed ACWA’s Community Leadership Program, graduating in the past two years.
- You are usually employed in the community, human services or a related sector.
- You have the support of your organisation for your Leadership Development Plan as outlined in this application.
- You are able to undertake your proposed Leadership Development Plan within 12 months of acceptance.
- If successful, you must be available to be a guest speaker at the following year’s ACWA Community Leadership Program Graduation.
About Andrew McCallum AO
About Office of Children’s Guardian
In 2011 Andrew was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia in recognition of his service to the community in a range of leadership roles across the social justice sector.
He has a strong belief in developing the sector’s greatest asset, its people. Andrew was thus a strong advocate for ACWA’s Community Leadership program from its inception and it is in his honour that the Scholarship is named.
Nominations close: 29 September 2021
If you would like more information about the Andrew McCallum Leadership Scholarship, please submit your enquiry below: