Amid the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, ACWA has compiled the following links to information, advice and resources that are specific to our sector. We will be regularly updating this page as new information comes to hand.
Department of Communities and Justice
- DCJ’s COVID-19 information for service providers web page covers practical hygiene and self protection measures, through to information about funding and service continuity, casework practice advice, and links to useful resources.
Other DCJ information:
- Information for Permanency Support Program service providers
- Targeted Early Intervention fact sheet
- Information for Specialist Homelessness Services
- Workplace safety: FAQs
- Coronavirus information for carers
- Media updates
Specific questions for DCJ can be emailed to: COVID19.Support@facs.nsw.gov.au
NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian
- COVID-19 response update
- COVID-19 provisional authorisation of staff to provide foster care
- COVID-19 casework considerations
Community Sector Resources
- The NCOSS COVID-19 Community Sector Resource contains a comprehensive range of information, including work, health and safety guidance, planning for service continuity and links to legal advice.
Resources for Parents, Carers and Young People
- My Forever Family NSW is running regular Online Lounge Room sessions for carers as an alternative to face to face training and peer support. Click here for upcoming sessions and topics.
- Emerging Minds has curated this selection of resources to assist parents and carers to best support their children, and reduce worry and distress.
- Reach Out Parents offers support for parents and carers of teenagers, including parents/carers online discussion forums and a one-on-one online and telephone support program.
- The Raising Children’s Network has established this COVID-19 family guide for parents and carers.
- CREATE has developed this resource page outlining help and supports available for young people with a care experience.
Resources for Frontline Workers
- The Australian Government Department of Health has released this 30-minute online infection control training module for health care workers in all settings. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19.
- The Research Centre for Children and Families has developed this tip sheet for maintaining Family Time (contact) through video chats.
- Redfern Legal Centre has developed this Public Health Laws and Police Powers fact sheet outlining new police powers for enforcing new social distancing and isolation orders. Useful for young people and youth workers.
Courts and Legal
- The Family Court of Australia has issued this statement on parenting orders and COVID-19.
- Read the latest announcements from the NSW Children’s Court on changes to sitting arrangements.
- View this range of legal resources, developed by Justice Connect, for people and community organisations affected by the pandemic.
- Visit Legal Aid NSW’s website for COVID-19 related legal information for community members and organisations.
- NSW Health
- SafeWork NSW
- Department of Health: What you need to know about COVID-19
- Department of Health: COVID-19 information for a suspected case
ACWA has set up the following designated email address for COVID-related questions: email@example.com
You can also find out more about the specific work that ACWA is undertaking to support the sector in our updates below.