As part of our research activities, ACWA convenes a Research Forum to:
- Discuss and debate current policy and research issues in child, youth and family welfare in NSW.
- Establish links between relevant peak bodies, tertiary institutions and agencies.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration in research projects with relevant universities, government and non-government organisations and other relevant bodies.
- Monitor state and national research agendas, policy trends and data collection strategies.
- Provide advice to ACWA on the Association's research agenda and specific proposals/projects.
Professor Elizabeth Fernandez of the University of NSW is the Chairperson of ACWA's Research Forum. Dr Fernandez already has a close association with ACWA as Chair of ACWA's Conference Scientific Committee.