2018 Membership Categories & Calculations
There are two main categories of membership: Full and Associate. The eligibility for Membership of the Association as outlined in the Constitution is provided below.
Any not-for-profit organisation that provides care or associated family support services in NSW or the ACT may apply to the Board for full membership.
There are two categories of associate membership, namely:
Any for-profit organisations, or individuals, with an interest in or a sympathy for the objects of the Association, and whose work focuses on child, youth and family welfare, including service providers, government departments, universities, tertiary education institutions, research institutions, advocacy groups, interest groups, and peak bodies, may apply to the Board for associate membership.
Important things to know:
- Membership fees are due on 1 January annually.
- Organisations must nominate a contact person as delegate. We suggest that this person is the CEO or Director. The delegate is the only person who can endorse the nomination of a candidate for the Board of ACWA. In addition, for ‘full members’ the delegate is the only person who can vote on behalf of the organisation and/or stand as a candidate for election to the Board of ACWA.
- It is the responsibility of the member to advise ACWA of any changes to their contact details, including those of the contact person.
- Organisations are asked to provide a copy of their annual report with the return of the membership form.
How to calculate your membership fee
|Category||Early Bird||Full Price|
|Up to $3M||$254||$267|
|Up to $5M||$642||$675|
|Up to $10M||$1916||$2012|
|Up to $25M||$3190||$3350|
The membership fee for individuals who apply for associate membership is $166.00.
The membership fee for organisations that apply for full or associate membership is based on the child, youth and family services revenue of the organisation on for the previous financial year, 2016-2017.
Example only: A large charity had an annual turnover of $54 million for 2016/17. Of that amount, $36 million is utilised for child, youth and family services. This agency’s membership fee for 2018 is $6684.
Example only: A small not-for-pro t agency has an annual turnover of $2.4 million for 2016/17. Of that amount, $2.3 million is utilised for child, youth and family services. This agency’s membership fee for 2018 is $267.
Organisations are asked to provide a copy of their Annual Report and other supporting documentation with the membership form, as follows:
- Code of Ethics
- Disclosure of Conflict of Interests form
- Annual Report
- Code of Conduct
- Board self-assessment processes
- Evidence of engagement the Office of the Children’s Guardian ‘Child Safe Organisations’
Fill out the webform on the right or send us a completed membership form.
If you require further information about becoming a member of ACWA, please contact our Membership Support Officer:
Phone: 02 9281 8822