ACWA is currently taking registrations for the Family Finding Boot Camp to be facilitated by Kevin Campbell. The workshop is being offered at a greatly reduced cost for ACWA members only.
About the Workshop
The Family Finding model, developed by Kevin Campbell, offers methods and strategies to locate and engage relatives of children currently living in out-of- home care. This workshop offers hands-on training, focused on finding naturally connected family
The goal of Family Finding is to connect each child with family, so that they may benefit from the lifelong connections that only a family provides. Core beliefs inherent in this approach are:
- Every child has a family, and they can be found if we try.
- Loneliness can be devastating, even dangerous, and is experienced by most children in out-of-home care.
- A meaningful connection to family helps a child develop a sense of belonging, and
- The single factor most closely associated with positive outcomes for children is meaningful, lifelong connections to family.
All attendees must identify with their manager one case that they would like help with to find family and naturally connected networks for a child or young person that they are currently working with.
- Cost is $491.00 for ACWA members
- Facilitator: Kevin Campbell
- Venue: Novotel Olympic Park, Homebush
- Dates: 10-13 July 2017
- Credit card payment on registration required
- This training is only for ACWA members working directly with children in OOHC
Registration is available at http://www.ccwt.edu.au/class/FACS-1
A credit card payment must be made at the time of registration.